To: Town Board Members
From: John Olson, Town Administrator
Date: August 26, 2016
Please take time to read this week’s Friday Memo- -a general recap of the week and upcoming news. As always, should you like more information, I ask that you call the office, e-mail or stop in. Thanks for your continued support.
- At Tuesday’s Special Board Meeting, you voted to approve the low bid of 302K by Wolf Paving to improve part of North Shore Dr., all of Prairie and Royal Oaks Dr. We also discussed some pending larger needed road projects & financing over the next 3-5 years.
- The Town Hall Ditching project is advertised for bidding with bids due to be opened at the September 7 Public Works Committee at 1:15pm.
- The drainage ditch/basin project along the Borg Rd. ROW is scheduled to begin sometime next week. This will help alleviate some stormwater runoff to properties along Willow Pt.
- 2017 Health Insurance increases are basically flat…..great news!
- The Brush Drop Off site is now closed for the next couple weeks until the material for the Black Boiler Slag seal can be used for S&D and Mound Rd. There is a large pile of material in the Public Works area.
- A few misc. surplus items (tires, sign, etc.) and 4 vehicles (2 Police & 2 Fire) will be posted on the state’s municipal auction site for sale sometime next week….WisconsinSurplus.com.
- And you read my earlier email…..struck out on the broadband (Charter Cable) expansion grant.
- All Assessed Values for the Town are available online at accurateassessor.com.
- The Highway Shop is a “free drop-off site” for Waste Oil that is used for heating purposes. We are currently in low supply.
- Enjoy your weekend!
Meetings next week: Admin, Monday at 4:00pm
Police & Water Safety, Monday at 4:30pm