To: Town Board Members
From: John Olson, Town Administrator
Date: April 29, 2016
Please take time to read this week’s Friday Memo- -a general recap of the week and upcoming news. As always, should you like more information, I ask that you call the office, e-mail or stop in. Thanks for your continued support.
- Laura is making a few final edits to the updated Treasurer’s Job Description. It is scheduled for consideration at the Admin Committee before it is placed on the agenda for May’s COW and Board Meetings. You can expect to receive the final draft via email early next week.
- The Plan Commission will be considering the Conditional Use Permit application received from Brian Dunn, 1815 North Shore Dr., to allow the Short-Term rental (<30 days) of his property.
- The Plan Commission will also be considering the application of Ray Ferrara, 1609 Beckman Dr., for a variance to allow a 10’ X 10’ detached shed.
- Note the various meeting changes: Police Committee will now meet at 4:30pm and not 5:30pm, the Park Committee will be changing their meeting location to Community Park for the next few months, and the Admin Committee will be meeting next Tuesday at 4:00pm, not Monday. There will be no Public Works Committee meeting in May.
- At the Annual Meeting the electors voted to increase the number of DLSD Commissioners from 3 to 5. Simons commented that he will be interviewing those who have already submitted letters & resumes or have expressed interest in serving: Tom Mohr, Mary Knipper, Craig Williams, Dan Lemansky, and Richard Beers before making his recommendation to the board in May or June. The DLSD Commission has expressed an interest in participating in the selection process as well.
- US Cellular has returned their signed lease addendum dated April 6th. Expect to see new cell tower construction activity soon.
- Baxter & Woodman has prepared bid specifications for a new pier at Community Park. Bid Specifications are available for review at Town Hall. Bids are due May 3 at 4:00pm, and will be opened that same day at the Park Committee held in Community Park beginning at 5:30pm.
- Road Crack Filling work will be re-bid due to bid confusion and additional specifications needed.
- All Assessed Values for the Town are available online at accurateassessor.com.
- The Highway Shop is a “free drop-off site” for Waste Oil that is used for heating purposes. We are currently in low supply.
- Borg Rd. Bridge construction has begun and plans to be open for traffic again by Memorial Day weekend.
- Enjoy your weekend!!
Meetings next week: Police & Water Safety, Monday at 4:30pm
Admin Committee, Tuesday at 4:00pm
Park Committee, Tuesday at 5:30pm (Community Park)
Plan Commission, Tuesday at 7:00pm
Lake Committee, Wednesday at 7:00pm
Fire & Rescue, Thursday at 7:00pm