To: Town Board Members
From: John Olson, Town Administrator
Date: July 20, 2017
Please take time to read this week’s Friday Memo- -a general recap of the week and upcoming news. As always, should you like more information, I ask that you call the office, e-mail or stop in. Thanks for your continued support.
- The lake was re-opened for normal operations last Tuesday. It could be close to mid-August before damage totals are known to determine FEMA qualifications. Walworth County Emergency Management has established a helpline at 262-741-7700 to report any private property flooding damage.
- At Tuesday’s Board Meeting, you voted to approve Ray Ferrara’s requested variance to allow reconstruction of his existing home at 1609 Beckman Dr. You also voted to approve the 3 residential lot CSM and rezoning for Shodeen’s property at 4421 South Shore Dr.
- You voted to promote Public Works employee Todd Wrzesinski from PT to FT to fill an open position effective 8/1.
- You also voted to establish Public Participation Procedures for the Comprehensive Plan Update. There will be a Public Hearing scheduled for the August 22 Board Meeting to take any public comments.
- Road construction work has begun. The planned work is described as follows: Amos Rd. (approx. 500’) near Elkhorn City Limits will be patched and overlayed, Bailey Rd. (CTH F South to Theatre Rd.) will be pulverized and overlayed with culvert replacement, Dam Rd. (City of Delavan Limits to Town of Sugar Creek – 2 miles) will be pulverized and overlayed with culvert replacement, and Industrial Ct. (Mound Rd. to North End) will be milled and graded with pavement replacement. Mound Road will also be improved cooperatively with the City of Delavan with planning details and bid results yet to come. Right now, Dam Road is expected to be closed beginning early July through the end of September and Bailey Rd. will also be closed close to the same time period.
- There is a Special Board Meeting scheduled for next Tuesday at 1:30pm. The purpose is to discuss the Mound Rd. improvement ROW and concerns expressed by the Treasure Hut.
- All Assessed Values for the Town are available online at accurateassessor.com.
- The Highway Shop is a “free drop-off site” for Waste Oil that is used for heating purposes. We are currently in low supply.
- Out of the office tomorrow - Enjoy your weekend!
Meetings next week: Special Board, Tuesday at 1:30pm
Finance Committee, Tuesday at 2:00pm