To: Town Board Members
From: John Olson, Town Administrator
Date: September 23, 2016
Please take time to read this week’s Friday Memo- -a general recap of the week and upcoming news. As always, should you like more information, I ask that you call the office, e-mail or stop in. Thanks for your continued support.
- At Tuesday’s Board Meeting, you voted to finance the new Fire Truck through People’s Bank for up to 650K amortized over 10 years at a guaranteed rate of 2% for 5 years. Other competing offers were for same terms but rates at 3.5, 2.5, and 2.45.
- You also voted to raise the maintenance charges for private roads by 10% or .02 to .26/foot.
- John & Mary Ellen Connelly, 3427 Sylvan Dr., have applied for a variance to adjust the lot line to separate 1 parcel into 2 to facilitate the sale of 1 parcel. The Plan Commission unanimously denied their request. You also voted to agree with the Plan Commission and deny their variance request.
- Lakeland Community Church, N3181 STH 67, has applied for an amendment to their Conditional Use Permit and submitted concept plans to allow a building and parking lot expansion. Several reps from the church were present at this month’s Plan Commission. Concerns expressed by PC members were related to Sanitary Sewer and Stormwater planning. The church’s engineering firm will be submitting information to the Town’s engineering firm for review before appearing again before the Plan Commission on October 4.
- Bids received for the Town Hall Rd. Ditching project were Siegler Excavating – 24,810 and Odling Construction – 27,950. The Town Board voted to award the low bid to Siegler Excavating.
- There will be a Finance Committee meeting in Closed Session on Monday afternoon for Police Union negotiation purposes.
- All Assessed Values for the Town are available online at accurateassessor.com.
- The Highway Shop is a “free drop-off site” for Waste Oil that is used for heating purposes. We are currently in low supply.
- Enjoy your weekend
Meetings next week: Finance Committee, Monday at 2:00pm