To: Town Board Members
From: John Olson, Town Administrator
Date: March 24, 2017
Please take time to read this week’s Friday Memo- -a general recap of the week and upcoming news. As always, should you like more information, I ask that you call the office, e-mail or stop in. Thanks for your continued support.
- At Tuesday night’s Board Meeting, you voted to not approve Lakeland Community Church’s application for a Conditional Use Permit amendment to allow an expansion without Sanitary Sewer. Last night, Walworth County Zoning Agency voted to approve their application for expansion without Sanitary Sewer. You will eventually be considering a Development Agreement for their new building expansion at future meetings. You may view the county meeting online at: http://www.co.walworth.wi.us/Committees/CommYearList.aspx?ID=116 and select video archives. The Preliminary Plat for Shores of Delavan Lake was also approved at this meeting.
- You also voted to approve the low bid received for power washing and painting the Highway Shop from Nehls Painting - $4,421.
- You approved the repair of the failed gearbox for the Delavan Lake Dam proposed by Crane Engineering for a little under 7K.
- Public Works Committee recommended the replacement of an older lawnmower with a new Grasshopper from Johnson Tractor for just under 10K including trade-in. You voted to approve the purchase of the new lawnmower from Johnson Tractor at Tuesday’s Board Meeting.
- This summer’s planned road improvements: Amos Rd. (approx. 500’) near Elkhorn City Limits will be patched and overlayed, Bailey Rd. (CTH F South to Theatre Rd.) will be pulverized and overlayed with culvert replacement, Dam Rd. (City of Delavan Limits to Town of Sugar Creek – 2 miles) will be pulverized and overlayed with culvert replacement, and Industrial Ct. (Mound Rd. to North End) will be milled and graded with pavement replacement. This work is planned to be bid sometime in April with work beginning as early as May. Mound Road will also be improved cooperatively with the City of Delavan with planning details yet to come.
- Public Works has advertised for part-time seasonal help. Interested applicants may pick up an application at Town Hall to be submitted by April 21.
- All Assessed Values for the Town are available online at accurateassessor.com.
- The Highway Shop is a “free drop-off site” for Waste Oil that is used for heating purposes. We are currently in low supply.
- Enjoy your weekend!
Meetings next week: None scheduled at this time