To: Town Board Members
From: John Olson, Town Administrator
Date: January 13, 2017
Please take time to read this week’s Friday Memo- -a general recap of the week and upcoming news. As always, should you like more information, I ask that you call the office, e-mail or stop in. Thanks for your continued support.
- Short Board Meeting agenda planned for next Tuesday.
- The Plan Commission recommended the Haish variance to allow the 2nd Floor bedroom addition at 1433 North Shore Park Lane. You discussed this at COW and will be voting on this at the Board Meeting.
- You will also be voting on the Community Park Watershed project. A planned vegetated bio-swale cobblestone infiltration channel with native wetland plantings installed from South Shore Dr. to the lakefront. And upstream from South Shore Dr. additional bank stabilization with riprap and check dams are planned for installation. You will be voting on this specific plan to support the DNR grant application by Peter Berrini. This project was listed as one of the top priorities of the Delavan Lake Watershed Plan.
- The 2017 – 2019 Police Union contracts should be signed sometime next week. The basic terms you voted to reach agreement with the union include compensation increases of 2% for each year, an increase of the employee contribution towards family health insurance from $100/monthly to $200/monthly, and the elimination of a longevity benefit for all new FT employees hired after 1/2017.
- All Assessed Values for the Town are available online at accurateassessor.com.
- The Highway Shop is a “free drop-off site” for Waste Oil that is used for heating purposes. We are currently in low supply.
- Enjoy your weekend!
Meetings next week: Board Meeting, Tuesday at 6:00pm