To: Town Board Members
From: John Olson, Town Administrator
Date: October 20, 2016
Please take time to read this week’s Friday Memo- -a general recap of the week and upcoming news. As always, should you like more information, I ask that you call the office, e-mail or stop in. Thanks for your continued support.
- At Tuesday’s Board Meeting, you voted to recommend granting the Conditional Use Permit to the Greenleaf Cottage, 5072 STH 50. The Wind Turbine will not be turned on and it will be taken down and donated to a Technical College. Your recommendation will be considered at a future County Zoning Agency meeting and County Board.
- You also voted to purchase 17 body-worn cameras for the Police Dept for $7,645.
- Baxter & Woodman is working on possible guidelines for development when Sanitary Sewer is not available. Lakeland Community Church has recently applied for a building and parking lot expansion that will not be allowed by the current Conditional Uses requiring Sanitary Sewer. Their application will be discussed again at the November 1 Plan Commission.
- The Gulottas and Sieverts did receive approval for their recent variance applications from the Walworth County Board of Adjustment. The Connellys were denied.
- The loan closing for the new Fire Truck is scheduled for 12/1 with a final loan amount of 605K. The truck is expected to arrive close to that date.
- For the first time in the last 10 budget cycles (my time here), you are recommending substantial road work throughout the Town and increasing the Tax Levy to fund the improvements. The plan is to finance long term debt to primarily fund 5-6M in road improvements over the next 5 years. The electors will be considering whether to increase the local tax levy by almost 12% and increase the Mill Rate from 2.90/1K to 3.21/1K. This is projected to be a $62 increase to a 200K assessed property and a $93 increase to a 300K assessed property. The full budget detail is available to be emailed or picked up from Town Hall along with the spreadsheet detailing the planned road improvements. The Budget Hearing is rescheduled to Tuesday, November 15, at 6:00pm in Town Hall. The date was corrected as the electors had already voted to schedule the hearing on the 15th at last year’s meeting. Sorry, but I didn’t check last year’s meeting minutes.
- Wolf Paving is scheduled to begin their work on Prairie, Royal Oaks, and North Shore the week of October 10 through the end of the month.
- All Assessed Values for the Town are available online at accurateassessor.com.
- The Highway Shop is a “free drop-off site” for Waste Oil that is used for heating purposes. We are currently in low supply.
- Oktoberfest is coming up in Community Park this Saturday, 10/22.
- Enjoy your weekend! Out of the office tomorrow.
Meetings next week: None scheduled at this time