To: Town Board Members
From: John Olson, Town Administrator
Date: July 22, 2016
Please take time to read this week’s Friday Memo- -a general recap of the week and upcoming news. As always, should you like more information, I ask that you call the office, e-mail or stop in. Thanks for your continued support.
- At Tuesday’s Board Meeting, you voted to allocate up to 10K towards an assessment of the Mound Rd. Ponds. Peter Berrini will be preparing a proposal detailing those specific services that will be reviewed at the next Lake Committee.
- You also voted to award the low bid of $28,420 to Fahrner Asphalt for sealcoating Mound & S&D Townline Rd.
- And you voted to lower the speed limit on Goose Pond Rd. to 45mph.
- The variance request by Andrea Peifer, 129 Glenwood St., to allow her existing garage to remain in the same location was approved. And the Landscape Buffer Easement was reduced in size to 25’ as requested by Emma & Milne, (FA395600001) for their parcel just north of Lakeland Community Church on STH 67.
- EMC did provide a renewal quotation at $3,700 less than last year’s premium. And AAIC (prior carrier that non-renewed us due to tax litigation) declined to submit a proposal.
- Charles Gries, 1614 Monroe St., (FDLA00208B) has applied for a variance to allow a conversion of a deck to a screened porch. This request will be considered by the August 2 Plan Commission.
- The next Finance Committee scheduled for the 2017 Budget is Wednesday, August 17 at 2:00pm.
- The Brush Drop Off site is now open on Saturday mornings through October from 7:00am – 11:00am.
- All Assessed Values for the Town are available online at accurateassessor.com.
- The Highway Shop is a “free drop-off site” for Waste Oil that is used for heating purposes. We are currently in low supply.
- Community Park coming events: Police, Fire & EMS Safety Fair – July 23, and Fire Dept Pig Roast – August 6. Please continue to support all Police and Fire/EMS services—Thank-you!
- Enjoy your weekend! Out of the office next week.
Meetings next week: None scheduled at this time.