To: Town Board Members
From: John Olson, Town Administrator
Date: May 25, 2017
Please take time to read this week’s Friday Memo- -a general recap of the week and upcoming news. As always, should you like more information, I ask that you call the office, e-mail or stop in. Thanks for your continued support.
- Received a phone call confirming there will be an application for a Land Use Plan Amendment submitted by the June 1 annual deadline. A proposed new Commercial/Mfg use along STH 67. I’ll provide more details once the application is received.
- At this month’s Board Meeting, you voted to approve the low bid of $1,332,076 from Payne & Dolan for this year’s road improvements with a construction timeline of June - September. The planned work is described as follows: Amos Rd. (approx. 500’) near Elkhorn City Limits will be patched and overlayed, Bailey Rd. (CTH F South to Theatre Rd.) will be pulverized and overlayed with culvert replacement, Dam Rd. (City of Delavan Limits to Town of Sugar Creek – 2 miles) will be pulverized and overlayed with culvert replacement, and Industrial Ct. (Mound Rd. to North End) will be milled and graded with pavement replacement. The Preconstruction meeting is scheduled for next Thursday, June 1. Mound Road will also be improved cooperatively with the City of Delavan with planning details and bid results yet to come.
- Recently received the request for Lakefest in (Community Park - Saturday, 6/3) volunteers today. Please let me know if you have interest and are available to cover a shift.
- Property owners along TK Lane (private road) are strongly considering options & costs to make the conversion from private to a public road. We will need to determine a cost estimate of a minimum public road standard and legal costs for an eminent domain action as 6/8 property owners are supportive of the transfer. The private road owners (6/8) would be responsible for all costs. This will be an agenda item for the June Public Works Committee.
- Also at this month’s Board Meeting, a Bailey Estates subdivision resident (Village of Williams Bay) requested assistance from the Town in creating some type of walking path along Theatre Rd for safety reasons. Also planned for next month’s Public Works Committee discussion.
- All Assessed Values for the Town are available online at accurateassessor.com.
- The Highway Shop is a “free drop-off site” for Waste Oil that is used for heating purposes. We are currently in low supply.
- The 1996 Fire Truck was sold on auction for just under 23K.
- Out of the office tomorrow--Enjoy your Memorial Day Weekend! (Town Hall is closed on Monday) Thanks to all who served and paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms.
Meetings next week: Fire & Rescue, Thursday at 7:00pm