To: Town Board Members
From: John Olson, Town Administrator
Date: February 5, 2016
Please take time to read this week’s Friday Memo- -a general recap of the week and upcoming news. As always, should you like more information, I ask that you call the office, e-mail or stop in. Thanks for your continued support.
- You will be opening bids for a new pier in Community Park at Monday’s COW. The pier is planned for installation at the same location of the old Police Boat Pier. It will be approximately 150’ in length with 10 slips and planned for daily or weekly seasonal rental.
- The Fire Dept. will be present at COW to discuss replacing their Command Van. The proposed replacement Command Van is a 2000 model from the Silver Lake Fire Dept. The estimated purchase price is 70-75K and will need a Town Board vote to authorize. Several vehicle photos are in your COW packets.
- Corporate Contractors, Inc. has applied for a Conditional Use Permit to expand their operation to include aggregate washing at their gravel pit at 2916 Elkhorn Rd., near Williams Bay. The Plan Commission recommended an engineering evaluation of their proposal.
- Transformative Arts, Inc. (Belfry Theater), 3601 STH 67, has also applied for a Conditional Use Permit for operation of a theater for musical performances, meetings, conferences, weddings & receptions, etc. This will also be discussed at the Committee of the Whole as the Plan Commission recommended several specific conditions.
- John & Margaret Tourville, 3485 South Shore Dr. have applied for a variance to allow construction of a 20’X20’ boathouse to help prevent more erosion on a steep grade. Another COW discussion item and was recommended by the Plan Commission.
- James Griffen & Jennifer Bierman, 3256 Chicago Club Dr. applied for variances to allow a remodel and reconstruction of their deck and sunroom. Another COW discussion and was recommended by the Plan Commission.
- Thanks to Peter Berrini and Jeff Boeckler/Northwater Consulting for their presentation on the Delavan Lake Watershed Plan at this week’s Lake Committee. The plan document will soon be available on the Town’s website.
- The Park Committee will meet on Tuesday at 5:00pm to discuss specifics of the pier bid openings for a possible recommendation.
- All Assessed Values for the Town are available online at accurateassessor.com.
- The Highway Shop is a “free drop-off site” for Waste Oil that is used for heating purposes. We are currently in low supply.
- Winterfest is scheduled for Saturday, February 20 in Community Park.
- Enjoy your weekend.
Meetings next week: Special Board, Monday at 6:00pm
COW, Monday at 6:00pm
Park & Tourism, Tuesday at 5:00pm