To: Town Board Members
From: John Olson, Town Administrator
Date: May 25, 2016
Please take time to read this week’s Friday Memo- -a general recap of the week and upcoming news. As always, should you like more information, I ask that you call the office, e-mail or stop in. Thanks for your continued support.
- Yes Larry, I know it is Wednesday.
- If you are caught up with email, you know we have made significant progress on a proposed boundary agreement with the City. You will be discussing details again in Closed Session at the June Board Meeting. The Public Hearing is planned for Monday, June 27 at 6:00pm in Community Park.
- The Bailey Rd. Culvert and road improvement project will be delayed until next year. Army Corp of Engineers is also requiring wetland permitting. We will be discussing in next week’s PW Committee the possibility of combining the Dam Rd. and Bailey Rd. projects for next year.
- At the Annual Meeting the electors voted to increase the number of DLSD Commissioners from 3 to 5. Simons commented that he will be interviewing those who have already submitted letters & resumes or have expressed interest in serving: Tom Mohr, Mary Knipper, Craig Williams, Dan Lemansky, and Richard Beers before making his recommendation to the board in June. Legal has determined individuals must be Town residents to be appointed. The DLSD Commission has expressed an interest in participating in the selection process as well.
- Road Crack Filling bid notices have been published and mailed with a bid opening scheduled for the June 1 Public Works Committee.
- All Assessed Values for the Town are available online at accurateassessor.com.
- The Highway Shop is a “free drop-off site” for Waste Oil that is used for heating purposes. We are currently in low supply.
- Thanks to all our veterans as we remember those who sacrificed all for our freedom.
- Out of the office Thursday and Friday. Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend!! Fire & Rescue Pancake Breakfast coming up this Sunday Morning May 29th at the Town Hall Fire Station and Lakefest coming up on June 4th.
Meetings next week: Public Works, Wednesday at 1:15pm
Lake Committee, Wednesday at 7:00pm
No Fire & Rescue Meeting in June