To: Town Board Members
From: John Olson, Town Administrator
Date: February 17, 2017
Please take time to read this week’s Friday Memo- -a general recap of the week and upcoming news. As always, should you like more information, I ask that you call the office, e-mail or stop in. Thanks for your continued support.
- At next week’s Board Meeting, you will be voting on a resolution of support for a local Boy Scout Troop sponsorship by the Fire Dept. You asked for legal follow-up and if other communities are doing something similar. Legally, there are no problems pending insurance notification, and Dixie has received a few responses back from other clerks that are in your board packet.
- You will also be voting on the appointment of Leah Flitcroft to the Administrative Committee.
- You will also be voting on several variance requests recommended by the Plan Commission at next week’s Board Meeting: Ken & Diane Trausch – 1609 Polk Ave., Mike & Karen Fiedler – 1117 N. Gazebo Dr., David Wolf – 1619 Hiawatha Dr., and John Tourville – 3485 South Shore Dr.
- Capital Budget item requests discussed at COW: Fuel Tanks – 12K, Kirkpatrick Park scoreboard – 4K, and Plow Truck – 160K.
- At this month’s Public Works Committee, Baxter & Woodman gave an update on this year’s major road improvement projects. Amos Rd. (approx. 500’) near Elkhorn City Limits will be patched and overlayed, Bailey Rd. (CTH F South to Theatre Rd.) will be pulverized and overlayed with culvert replacement, Dam Rd. (City of Delavan Limits to Town of Sugar Creek – 2 miles) will be pulverized and overlayed with culvert replacement, and Industrial Ct. (Mound Rd. to North End) will be milled and graded with pavement replacement. This work is planned to be bid sometime in April with work beginning as early as May. Mound Road will also be improved cooperatively with the City of Delavan with planning details yet to come.
- The Police & Fire Commission has formally voted to appoint Jamie Jarosz as the new Fire Chief. Thanks to retiring Chief Jerry Edwards for his many years of service to the Town. There is recognition planned for the March 21 Board Meeting.
- The Police Committee did vote to recommend lowering the speed limit on Dam Rd. to 45mph. This will save thousands in design and construction cost for the new culverts/bridge project. You will be voting on this recommendation at the Board Meeting as well.
- All Assessed Values for the Town are available online at accurateassessor.com.
- The Highway Shop is a “free drop-off site” for Waste Oil that is used for heating purposes. We are currently in low supply.
- Enjoy your Winter Lake Fest weekend! Doors open at Community Park tomorrow at 4:00pm with the Glenn Davis Band starting at 5:00pm.
Meetings next week: Board Meeting, Tuesday at 6:00pm