To: Town Board Members
From: John Olson, Town Administrator
Date: September 15, 2017
Please take time to read this week’s Friday Memo- -a general recap of the week and upcoming news. As always, should you like more information, I ask that you call the office, e-mail or stop in. Thanks for your continued support.
- A Public Hearing will be held on Tuesday just before the Board Meeting as part of the legal process in laying out TK Lane as a Public Road. Right now, 5 out of 8 frontage property owners have expressed interest in paying the cost of making this a public road. You will be holding a hearing only with no action planned for the Board Meeting. If the 5 property owners voluntarily agree in writing to pay all costs, there will be additional action needed by you at future Board Meetings. Rich Scholze will be present for the Public Hearing to respond to any legal issues and comments.
- At Tuesday’s Board Meeting, you will be voting on the Development Agreement for Lakeland Community Church’s building & parking lot expansion. This was recommended for approval by the Plan Commission in August and now the legal and engineering have been finalized. The church has reviewed and approved the agreement and final signatures will be delayed until receipt of the Letter of Credit in the amount of 70K.
- You will also be voting on the final revised version of the Special Event Permit Ordinance.
- 2017 Road Improvements: Amos Rd. and Bailey Rd. are completed. Dam Rd. will still need shouldering and minor finishing and Industrial Ct. should be completed by the end of next week.
- Copies of Don Holst and Dan Lemansky’s presentation at this week’s Lake Committee: “Clean and Healthy Delavan Lake” are available upon request.
- Following this week’s Finance Committee, there still remains a 160-170K budget gap. We will soon be receiving final health insurance premium amounts and other misc state revenue numbers. Expect to review the final proposed 2018 Budget during October’s COW meeting. Budget Hearing will be scheduled for November 14 where the tax levy will need a floor vote by electors.
- All Assessed Values for the Town are available online at accurateassessor.com.
- The Highway Shop is a “free drop-off site” for Waste Oil that is used for heating purposes. We are currently in low supply.
- More current Delavan Lake information can be found at DelavanLakeReport.com
- Enjoy your weekend!
Meetings next week: Board Meeting, Tuesday at 6:00pm